Friday 30 October 2009

Important Announcement

Tim is currently winning in the 'who is my favourite friend?' competition. Bad luck all you other not-as-great-as-Tim-friends! Now you know it is a competition, maybe you will try harder. Or assasinate the competition? ANYWAY Tim sent me a book and a CD and a postcard, so he rocks.

Things I will write about soon: Vast Austrian student protests, Radiohead.

Things I will write about right now: we visited a proper Austrian restaurant/ brewery yesterday, makes all its own beer. I drank the first good beer I've had since leaving England. Beer culture is mysteriously elusive in Wien, or at least you really need to pick your establishment. If it is a bar, it will not serve interesting beer. Yesterday I had both a dark lager in the style of those from Prague (ein prager Dunkler), which was definitely my favourite, and a smoked beer ('Rauchbier'). The list of potential places to drag Ed when he visits is getting perilously long...

And now I will just throw some more pictures out there:
BLURRY DARWIN + TORTOISE


What I see on my way to the computer room (Votivkirche)


Today went for a walk through the Prater at night, we reached the Lusthaus (above with cool moon ) at the S end, so walked in total nearly 9km, 4.5 each way!


A terrifying ghost for halloween fans out there. Thanks to Grace for teaching me how to do this!

Man I love this park. It is infinite. ('unendlich' auf Deutsch)

Ciao for now!

1 comment:

  1. You are most welcome. And you have me wondering about history now too. "Trotsky has sent me a postcard from Mexico, and a lovely Frida Kahlo painting. I sure hope somebody doesn't ASSASINATE HIM."

    If they find my skull pinned to the bed with an icepick I'm blaming you.

    Love the Darwin pic - it does sound like exactly the sort of thing natural philosophers should do on their expeditions, and as it's blurry I can even pretend it's Stephen Maturin.

    This also: unendlich is an excellent word. As for lusthaus, that doesn't mean what I think it means does it?

    ReplyDelete