Monday 28 November 2011

Oh, hello.

How are you? I am well. Vienna has become extremely (and unseasonably) cold recently but I've managed to survive the freeze. I have done various things which there are no photos of, therefore they didn't really happen, however despite this they were enjoyable. At the weekend I bought blinds, this is amazing because it means I don't have to stare at my friend the streetlight while trying to fall asleep. Last weekend I also ate schnitzel, drank punch (christmas markets on your doorstep are a good thing), and hung out with about 15 english people and a finnish Aikido student (although not at the same time). 50% of these activities would have been more difficult were I in London, so I guess in all that's a win!

To end this pointless ramble, here's a link to a picture of the view from the window of our PhD office. I'm not 100% sure all PhD offices even HAVE windows, so I think we are doing okay here.

I keep meaning to write a post explaining what it is I'm supposed to be studying, this will be helpful for you, but much more so for me, as I'm the one who is supposed to study it! It will appear sometime soon, before I am required to explain to everyone at our inaugral doctoral school meeting what it is exactly I am doing.

Der Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment