Saturday 12 September 2009

T - 3 days.

I have never had a proper blog before. I am not really sure what to write. This is not so much due to a lack of things to write, more a surfeit of them. I write what I suppose could be blogs in my head on a very frequent basis.

Today for example I could write my feelings about leaving the country in 3 days time, musings on the nature of friendship, wafflings on the profoundly unsettling nature of September, a brief treatise on why it might be that Jason Webley (who I am listening to right now) strikes me as particularly autumnal, a gushing review of either the new Fiery Furnaces album or the new Jamie T album or both, or even a considered and unasked for response to a long note written on Facebook by an aquaintance concerning their dissatisfaction with their life. In fact it is more correct to say I have written them, but only in my head. I think it best that things stay that way.

Instead I am going to stick to stuff that happened in the real world, which I take for the sake of simplicity to be the one going on outside my head.

Interesting things I discovered when I visited London this week, in brief:
Paul Gross' grandfather may have been Jesus.
The view from Alexandra Palace is amazing. I was foolish not to go there sooner.
It is weird visiting a house you lived in for a year and that you no longer live in.
Ballet dancers at the Royal Ballet school are exceedingly good at ballet dancing.
I can get from Highbury and Islington to 80 Warwick Gardens Harringay in 18 minutes.
Even Amanda Palmer's notably impressive music sounds much better when played in a church. (I think I will continue reviewing/recounting any and all shows I go to on my last.fm Journal, so I will post a link here when I am done with that.)
http://www.last.fm/user/TomG88/journal/2009/09/12/307zfh_amanda_palmer._union_chapel_11th_september

I am leaving in 3 days! I must tidy my room in order to have the room to pack my things.

No comments:

Post a Comment