Monday 8 October 2018

Kaunertal, July 2017


Hello! I've been lazy and distracted for a long time, and it probably won't change anytime soon, but I have still taken lots of photos of the places I've been, when I thought they were worth showing. The next ones in the queue are these, from my trip to the Kaunertal not this summer, but last summer, in July of 2017. I was there for a full ten days of teaching students of biology (in fact, of biology teaching) the basics of geology, along with two colleagues, one botanist, and one zoologist. I do this field trip every year and this "interdisciplinary excursion" as it is called is always a highlight of the summer, allowning me to dodge the heat in Vienna and experience nature with some expert company!
Last year I stayed in the valley after my duties were done and I was joined by my girlfriend. My goal was to introduce her to the joys and beauty of the mountains, which I mostly managed, although our first proper foray into the high mountains was met by an unforecast intense rainstorm, which, to be fair, is an important aspect of the alps, if not joyous or beautiful. Thankfully the sun came out in the afternoon and we were able to dry out before strolling down to our destination. Several days were somewhat cooler and cloudier than one might like for hiking, but this at least offered fantastic opportunities to photograph the threatening skies and clouds and take advantage of the many cable cars in the region to get some spectacular views in the gaps between the clouds.
There's a whole bunch of photographs over at the link to enjoy!


bis bald,

der Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment