Sunday 1 June 2014

Un petit morceau

This post has nothing to with France or french, the phrase just jumped out at me while I was looking for a title. May was the month of many visitings, on my part and on the part of family and friends. That picture backlog will slowly bubble its way to the surface over time, as these things seem to do. For now, you get yet another 'yet another gallery of Bisamberg photos'. What can I say? It isn't the furthest or the highest walk, and it doesn't even have the single best view, but it is just such a nice walk to go on when the sun is shining and the plants are out! And there's that wonderful combination of sweeping fields with the city looming in the distance. And you might see a Ziesel (saw one for half a second on this trip).



Although I didn't bother taking pictures of the actual festival, the occasion for this Bisamberg walk was to coincide with a Stammersdorf wine festival. I say 'a' as the place has multiple throughout the year, this one being called the 'Mailuefterl' which I can only assume alludes to the airing out and cleaning out of the cellars in May to make room for the wines to come, as well as welcoming back the sun (who has nonetheless contrived to be an unpredictable companion of late!).



So yes, more Bisamberg, I have tried to make sure there are some new angles this time! Especially the ones of the clouds over the Stammersdorfer wine fields came out pretty alright, I reckon!

Der Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment